So this post is kinda personal at the moment. Ever since my exams I have been stressed and binging and unmotivated to do anything. This puts me in a vicious cycle of being stressed, so eating for comfort, then feeling too lethargic to do any work. When you’ve fallen off the wagon of health for an extended period of time it can be hard to stop saying tomorrow and start now, hopefully the following tips will help:
- Take a scrub! I’m being serious, taking a bath or shower I believe has a really cleansing effect on the body and mind. Imagine the water washing away the past few weeks (or months oops) of unhealthy habits and leaving you with a clean slate ready to begin again with a healthy lifestyle.
- Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Personally I LOVE lists, maybe more than I should admit to. Right not there are at least 3 different lists on my desk and even more on my phone memos. Plan your healthy actions. Schedule workouts, journal your meals (that doesn’t necessarily mean counting calories) and write down your targets. Keeping written records is more likely to keep you on track.
- Look forward not back. The most gut wrenchingly painful thing when it comes to lifestyle changes/ weight loss is feeling you have undone all your progress. You have not, I assure you. As far as the scales are concerned I have gained back every bit of weight I lost. However I know a lot of that is muscle because I am no where near as bloated/puppy fat looking as at the start of my journey. Look at this as a comeback, not a setback.
- Glug glug glug… You all know that an important element of being healthy is drinking water. I feel so much more productive when i’m hydrated. I carry around a 1L bottle and drink 2 a day. Do the same, and sip throughout your day.
- Stay calm. There is no time limit on your lifestyle, you don’t have to be x pounds in x days. I know you can reach your goal, whether it’s to lose weight, gain weight or tone up, I know you can do it. As long as you make healthy choices where suited and believe and love yourself then you will get there, I promise.
Hopefully these pointers can inspire you to start being healthy again, I know it’s difficult but you have to be the change you want to see in your life. Thanks guys!
- want to lose weight? make your diet a lifestyle and NOT a quick fix! (hotwaterandlemon.com)
- Read The 5 Key Benefits of Eating Healthy a lot more (zairacabralf844b.wordpress.com)
- How To Lose Weight Healthy (freeregisterycleanersdro28.wordpress.com)
- Back to Normal…..and the Three F’s of Fitness (christyrileyfitness.wordpress.com)